Cain and Abel and other children of Adam, 1-12. Enos, Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, 13-15. Enoch
and his history, 16-25. Four sacred places, 26. Methuselah, Lamech, Noah, 27, 28. Death of
Adam and Cain, 29-32. Shem,Ham, and Japhet,32. (Cf. Gen. iv-v.)
- And in the third week in the second jubilee [64-70 A.M.] she gave birth to Cain, and in the fourth [71-77 A.M.] she
gave birth to Abel, and in the fifth [78-84 A.M.] she gave birth to her daughter Âwân.
- And in the first (year) of
the third jubilee [99-105 A.M.], Cain slew Abel because (God) accepted the sacrifice of Abel, and did not
the offering of Cain.
- And he slew him in the field: and his blood cried from the ground
complaining because he had slain him.
- And the Lord reproved Cain because of Abel,
because he had slain him, and he made him a fugitive on the earth because of the blood of his
brother, and he
cursed him upon the earth.
- And on this account it is written on the heavenly tables,
'Cursed is ,he who smites his neighbour treacherously, and let all who have seen and heard say, So
be it; and
the man who has seen and not declared (it), let him be accursed as the other.'
- And for
this reason we announce when we come before the Lord our God all the sin which is committed in
on earth, and in light and in darkness, and everywhere.
- And Adam and his wife mourned
for Abel four weeks of years, [99-127 A.M] and in the fourth year of the fifth week [130 A.M.]
they became joyful, and Adam knew his wife again, and she bare him a son, and he called his
name Seth; for he said 'GOD has
raised up a second seed unto us on the earth instead of Abel; for Cain slew him.'
- And in
week [134-40 A.M.] he begat his daughter Azûrâ.
- And Cain took Âwân his sister to be
his wife and she bare him Enoch at the close of the fourth jubilee. [190-196 A.M.] And in the
first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee, [197 A.M.] houses were built on the earth, and Cain
built a city, and called its name after the name of
his son Enoch.
- And Adam knew Eve his wife and she bare yet nine sons.
- And in
the fifth week of the fifth jubilee [225-31 A.M.] Seth took Azûrâ his sister to be his wife, and in
the fourth (year of the sixth
week) [235 A.M.] she bare him Enos.
- He began to call on the name of the Lord on
- And in the seventh jubilee in the third week [309-15 A.M.] Enos took Nôâm his sister
to be his wife, and she bare him a son
in the third year of the fifth week, and he called his name Kenan.
- And at the close of
the eighth jubilee [325, 386-3992 A.M.] Kenan took Mûalêlêth his sister to be his wife, and she
bare him a son in the ninth jubilee,
in the first week in the third year of this week, [395 A.M] and he called his name
- And in the second week of the tenth jubilee [449-55 A.M.] Mahalalel took unto him to
wife DinaH, the daughter of Barakiel the daughter of his father's brother, and she bare him a son
in the third week in the sixth year, [461 A.M.] and he called his name Jared, for in his days the
angels of the Lord descended on the earth, those who are named the Watchers, that they should
instruct the children of men, and that they should do
judgment and uprightness on the earth.
- And in the eleventh jubilee [512-18 A.M.]
Jared took to himself a wife, and her name was Baraka, the daughter of Râsûjâl, a daughter of his
father's brother, in the fourth week of this jubilee, [522 A.M.] and she bare him a son in the fifth
week, in the fourth year of the jubilee, and
he called his name Enoch.
- And he was the first among men that are born on earth who
learnt writing and knowledge and wisdom and who wrote down the signs of heaven according to
the order of their months in a book, that men might know the seasons of the years according to
the order of
their separate months.
- And he was the first to write a testimony and he testified to the
sons of men among the generations of the earth, and recounted the weeks of the jubilees, and
made known to them the days of the years, and set in order the months and recounted the
Sabbaths of the years
as we made (them), known to him.
- And what was and what will be he saw in a vision
of his sleep, as it will happen to the children of men throughout their generations until the day of
judgment; he saw and understood everything, and wrote his testimony, and placed the testimony
on earth for all
the children of men and for their generations.
- And in the twelfth jubilee, [582-88] in
the seventh week thereof, he took to himself a wife, and her name was Edna, the daughter of
Danel, the daughter of his father's brother, and in the sixth year in this week [587 A.M.] she bare
him a son and he called his name
- And he was moreover with the angels of God these six jubilees of years,
and they showed him everything which is on earth and in the heavens, the rule of the sun, and he
- And he testified to the Watchers, who had sinned with the daughters of
men; for these had begun to unite themselves, so as to be defiled, with the daughters of men, and
testified against (them) all.
- And he was taken from amongst the children of men, and
we conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes
down the condemnation and judgment of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men.
- And on account of it (God) brought the waters of the flood upon all the land of Eden; for there he
was set as a sign and that he should testify against all the children of men, that he should recount
deeds of the generations until the day of condemnation.
- And he burnt the incense of
(even) sweet spices acceptable before the Lord on the Mount.
- For the Lord has four
places on the earth, the Garden of Eden, and the Mount of the East, and this mountain on which
thou art this day, Mount Sinai, and Mount Zion (which) will be sanctified in the new creation for a
sanctification of the earth; through it will the earth be sanctified from all (its) guilt and its
out the generations of the world.
- And in the fourteenth jubilee [652 A.M.] Methuselah
took unto himself a wife, Edna the daughter of Azrial, the daughter of his father's brother, in the
third week, in the
first year of this week, [701-7 A.M.] and he begat a son and called his name Lamech.
- And in the fifteenth jubilee in the third week Lamech took to himself a wife, and her name was
Betenos the daughter of Baraki'il, the daughter of his father's brother, and in this week she bare
him a son and he called his name Noah, saying, 'This one will comfort me for my trouble and all
my work, and for the ground
which the Lord hath cursed.'
- And at the close of the nineteenth jubilee, in the seventh
week in the sixth year [930 A.M.] thereof, Adam died, and all his sons buried him in the land of
his creation, and he
was the first to be buried in the earth.
- And he lacked seventy years of one thousand
years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it
written concerning the tree of knowledge: 'On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.' For this
did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.
- At the close of this jubilee
Cain was killed after him in the same year; for his house fell upon him and he died in the midst of
his house, and he was killed by its stones; for with a stone he had killed Abel, and by a stone was
he killed in
- For this reason it was ordained on the heavenly tablets: With the
instrument with which a man kills his neighbour with the same shall he be killed; after the manner
he wounded him, in like manner shall they deal with him.'
- And in the twenty-fifth [1205
A.M.] jubilee Noah took to himself a wife, and her name was `Emzârâ, the daughter of Râkê'êl, the
daughter of his father's brother, in the first year in the fifth week [1207 A.M.]: and in the third
year thereof she bare him Shem, in the fifth year thereof [1209 A.M.] she bare him Ham, and in
the first year in the sixth week [1212 A.M.] she bare him Japheth.