The Angels of God marry the daughters of men, 1. Corruption of all creation, 2-3. Punishment of
the fallen angels and their children, 4-9a. Final judgment announced, 9b-16. Day of Atonement,
17-18. The deluge foretold, Noah builds the ark, the deluge, 19-32. (Cf. Gen.vi-viii.19.)
- And it came to pass when the children of men began to multiply on the face of the earth
and daughters were born unto them, that the angels of God saw them on a certain year of this
jubilee, that they were beautiful to look upon; and they took themselves wives of all whom they
chose, and they bare unto them sons and they were giants.
- And lawlessness increased
on the earth and all flesh corrupted its way, alike men and cattle and beasts and birds and
everything that walks on the earth -all of them corrupted their ways and their orders, and they
began to devour each other, and lawlessness increased on the earth and every imagination of the
thoughts of all men
(was) thus evil continually.
- And God looked upon the earth, and behold it was corrupt,
and all flesh had corrupted its orders, and all that were upon the earth had wrought all manner of
before His eyes.
- And He said that He would destroy man and all flesh upon the face of
which He had created.
- But Noah found grace before the eyes of the Lord.
against the angels whom He had sent upon the earth, He was exceedingly wroth, and He gave
commandment to root them out of all their dominion, and He bade us to bind them in the depths
of the earth, and
behold they are bound in the midst of them, and are (kept) separate.
- And against their
sons went forth a command from before His face that they should be smitten with the sword, and
from under heaven.
- And He said 'My spirit shall not always abide on man; for they also
and their days shall be one hundred and twenty years'.
- And He sent His sword into their
midst that each should slay his neighbour, and they began to slay each other till they all fell by the
and were destroyed from the earth.
- And their fathers were witnesses (of their
destruction), and after this they were bound in the depths of the earth for ever, until the day of the
great condemnation, when judgment is executed on all those who have corrupted their ways and
their works before
- And He destroyed all from their places, and there was not left one of them
He judged not according to all their wickedness.
- And he made for all his works a new
and righteous nature, so that they should not sin in their whole nature for ever, but should be all
righteous each in his kind alway.
- And the judgment of all is ordained and written on
the heavenly tablets in righteousness -even (the judgment of) all who depart from the path which
is ordained for them to walk in; and if they walk not therein, judgment is written down for every
for every kind.
- And there is nothing in heaven or on earth, or in light or in darkness, or
in Sheol or in the depth, or in the place of darkness (which is not judged); and all their judgments
ordained and written and engraved.
- In regard to all He will judge,the great according
greatness, and the small according to his smallness, and each according to his way.
- And He is not one who will regard the person (of any), nor is He one who will receive gifts, if He
says that He will execute judgment on each: if one gave everything that is on the earth, He will
not regard the
gifts or the person (of any), nor accept anything at his hands, for He is a righteous
- [And of the children of Israel it has been written and ordained: If they turn to him in
righteousness He will forgive all their transgressions and pardon all their sins.
- It is written and
He will show mercy to all who turn from all their guilt once each year.]
- And as for all
those who corrupted their ways and their thoughts before the flood, no man's person was
accepted save that of Noah alone; for his person was accepted in behalf of his sons, whom (God)
saved from the waters of the flood on his account; for his heart was righteous in all his ways,
according as it was commanded regarding him, and he had not departed from aught that was ordained for him.
- And the Lord said that he would destroy everything which was upon the earth, both men and
- beasts, and fowls of the air, and that which moveth on the earth. And He commanded
make him an ark, that he might save himself from the waters of the flood.
- And Noah
made the ark in all respects as He commanded him, in the twenty-seventh jubilee of years, in the
in the fifth year (on the new moon of the first month). [1307 A.M.]
- And he entered in
the sixth (year) thereof, [1308 A.M.] in the second month, on the new moon of the second month,
till the sixteenth; and he entered, and all that we brought to him, into the ark, and the Lord closed
it from without on the seventeenth evening.
- And the Lord opened seven flood-gates of heaven,
And the mouths of the fountains of the great deep, seven mouths in number.
- And the flood-gates began to pour down water from the heaven forty days and forty
And the fountains of the deep also sent up waters, until the whole world was full of
- And the waters increased upon the earth:
Fifteen cubits did the waters rise above all the high mountains,
And the ark was lift up above the earth,
And it moved upon the face of the waters.
- And the water prevailed on the face of the earth five months -one hundred and fifty
- And the ark went and rested on the top of Lubar, one of the mountains of Ararat.
- And (on the new moon) in the fourth month the fountains of the great deep were closed and the
flood-gates of heaven were restrained; and on the new moon of the seventh month all the mouths
of the abysses
of the earth were opened, and the water began to descend into the deep below.
- And on
the new moon of the tenth month the tops of the mountains were seen, and on the new moon of
the first month the earth became visible.
- And the waters disappeared from above the
earth in the fifth week in the seventh year [1309 A.M.] thereof, and on the seventeenth day in the
second month the earth was dry.
- And on the twenty-seventh thereof he opened the ark, and sent forth from it beasts, and
cattle, and birds, and every moving thing.