Subdivision of the three portions amongst the grandchildren of Noah. Amongst Ham's children, 1:
Shem's, 2-6: Japheth's, 7-13. Oath taken by Noah's sons, 14-15.
- And Ham divided amongst his sons, and the first portion came forth for Cush towards
the east, and to the west of him for Mizraim, and to the west of him for Put, and to the west of
[and to the west thereof] on the sea for Canaan.
- And Shem also divided amongst his
sons, and the first portion came forth for Ham and his sons, to the east of the river Tigris till it
approachcs the east, the whole land of India, and on the Red Sea on its coast, and the waters of
Dedan, and all the mountains of Mebri and Ela, and all the land of Susan and all that is on the side
to the Red Sea and the river Tina.
- And for Asshur came forth the second Portion, all the
Asshur and Nineveh and Shinar and to the border of India, and it ascends and skirts the
- And for Arpachshad came forth the third portion, all the land of the region of the Chaldees
to the east of the Euphrates, bordering on the Red Sea, and all the waters of the desert close to
the tongue of the sea which looks towards Egypt, all the land of Lebanon and Sanir and 'Amana
to the border of the
- And for Aram there came forth the fourth portion, all the land of
Mesopotamia between the Tigris and the Euphrates to the north of the Chaldees to the border of
of Asshur and the land of 'Arara.
- And there came forth for Lud the fifth portion, the
mountains of Asshur and all appertaining to them till it reaches the Great Sea, and till it reaches
the east of
Asshur his brother.
- And Japheth also divided the land of his inheritance amongst his
- And the first portion came forth for Gomer to the east from the north side to the river Tina;
and in the north there came forth for Magog all the inner portions of the north until it reaches to
the sea of
- And for Madai came forth as his portion that he should posses from the west of
brothers to the islands, and to the coasts of the islands.
- And for Javan came forth the
portion every island and the islands which are towards the border of Lud.
- And for
Tubal there came forth the fifth portion in the midst of the tongue which approaches towards the
border of the portion of Lud to the second tongue, to the region beyond the second tongue unto
the third tongue.
- And for Meshech came forth the sixth portion, all the region beyond the third tongue
approaches the east of Gadir.
- And for Tiras there came forth the seventh portion, four
great islands in the midst of the sea, which reach to the portion of Ham [and the islands of
came out by lot for the sons of Arpachshad as his inheritance].
- And thus the sons of
Noah divided unto their sons in the presence of Noah their father, and he bound them all by an
a curse on every one that sought to seize the portion which had not fallen (to him) by
- And they all said, 'So be it; so be it ' for themselves and their sons for ever throughout
their generations till the day of judgment, on which the Lord God shall judge them with a sword
and with fire for all the unclean wickedness of their errors, wherewith they have filled the earth
with transgression and uncleanness and fornication and sin.